Practical, Everyday Activities. It's Time to Get Real.
Imagination meets real-world money skills
The importance of financial literacy among today’s young people cannot be stressed enough. Students should be exposed early and often to the significance of money; as well as how to earn, save, and spend it. Most importantly, what impact do all of these “adult,” “real-life” topics have on their lives? Enter the new TouchMath Real Money Set.
TouchStars and Double TouchStars are a new and exclusive learning tool only seen in TouchMath Money materials. They make counting coins easy and fun!
The Real Money Set is one of the most expansive products in the TouchMath family…
The set provides “props” to stage activities and exercises tailored to three different skill levels (spanning K through upper grades); and promotes valuable practice with money transactions. The Real Money Set includes these items:
- Money tray with an assortment of 800 simulated bills and coins
- Menus for a variety of classroom restaurants
- Coupons for grocery and department stores
- Price tags to create almost any type of classroom store
- A 56-page manual with teaching aids, strategies, and worksheets
Hands-on practice is the best way to promote mastery when counting money. Students will receive continual repetition and reinforcement while becoming proficient at:
- Recognizing and identifying coins and bills
- Counting and valuing coins and currency; and determining money equivalencies using TouchPoints, TouchStars, and Double TouchStars
- Banking – keeping track of accounts, writing checks, filling out statements, and budgeting
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing to complete money transactions; estimating, making purchases, and giving and receiving change
- Learning through fun, hands-on activities
- Setting up a store, participating in “math money centers,” spending money, keeping a budget, using coupons, shopping, dining out
Click on an image below for a preview.