Meet and exceed Common Core.
TouchMath's Kindergarten CCSS is built on the Common Core State Standards and provides you with all of the materials and engaging activities to teach each standard as students build on required successes. This program significantly expands beyond the popular Kindergarten RtI materials and is suitable for use as a complete general classroom program or for RtI programs required to adhere to the Common Core State Standards.
The two critical areas defined by the Kindergarten standards provide meaningful instruction and repetition that leads to success: (1) representing and comparing whole numbers and (2) describing shapes and space. As identified by the standards, more time is devoted to numbers than to other topics. The basic TouchMath TouchPoint method is woven throughout the program while including many other math approaches. It maintains its scaffolded one-step-at-a time presentations, concrete to pictorial to abstract presentations, and multisensory activities.
As your guide through the standards, the teachers' manuals for classroom use provide a precise scope and sequence, progress monitoring, day-to-day lesson planning, suggestions for remediation/reinforcement, testing materials, and real-world connections.
Available in both print and digital formats, the four, comprehensive Kindergarten CCSS units cover:
- Unit 1:Counting, Adding, and Subtracting Within 5
- Unit 2:Adding and Subtracting Within 9
- Unit 3:Understanding Numbers 1–20
- Unit 4:Measurement, Data, and Geometry
- Know number names and the count sequence
- Count to tell the number of objects
- Compare numbers
- Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from
- Work with numbers 11–19 to gain foundations for place value
- Describe and compare measurable attributes
- Classify objects and count the number of objects in each category
- Identify and describe shapes (squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, hexagons, cubes, cones, cylinders, and spheres)
- Analyze, compare, create, and compose shapes
Navigate this section for an in-depth look at the materials and purchasing options offered through a wide range of TouchMath teaching and learning tools for you and your kindergarteners.
Explore TouchMath Kindergarten
TouchMath offers a variety of purchasing options for the Kindergarten CCSS materials. With our cost-saving collections, you’re guaranteed to get the right materials at the right price.
TouchMath’s four Kindergarten CCSS units meet every math Common Core State Standard, and include a total of 600 student activity sheets, teacher guides and instructional strategies, and step-by-step lesson planning.
TouchMath’s kindergarten classroom aids provide a multisensory, hands-on way to differentiate instruction. The colorful posters and manipulatives work in unison with the paper-pencil activities to ensure all learners find success in mathematics.
Tablet apps, computer software, and an interactive whiteboard program are all key components to TouchMath’s kindergarten materials, engaging and energizing students by showing that math is fun!
(all times MST)
All materials are for single classroom use only.