The definitive early childhood math program.
Understanding critical math concepts as early as the pre-k level can lay a foundation for success not only in math –– but a student’s entire academic purview. TouchMath’s Pre-K CCSS promises that no matter how your early learners best grasp math skills, the concepts are exciting and accessible to EVERY STUDENT –– making sure their introduction to math is full of positive experiences. The precise teaching guides throughout the program integrate activities, working in unison with the one-step-at-a-time workmats and coordinated differentiated instruction materials. Clean, age-appropriate artwork and uncluttered pages with large problems engage children at every step and provide a confidence boost that helps prevent future math anxiety. Students can connect hands-on manipulatives to paper pages, then make a carefully scaffolded transfer to paper and pencil alone. TouchMath’s Pre-K CCSS materials make it easy for preschoolers to meet or exceed the kindergarten Common Core entrance expectations in math. The Pre-K Unit covers the following topics:
- Counting and Number Sense
- Comparing and Classifying
- Sorting, Classifying, Graphing, and Patterning
- Identifying, Sorting, and Classifying 2-D Shapes
- Identifying, Sorting, and Classifying 3-D Shapes and Coins
- Representing Quantities and Numbers
Navigate this section for an in-depth look at the materials and purchasing options offered through a wide range of TouchMath teaching and learning tools for you and your preschoolers.
Explore TouchMath Pre-K CCSS
Bundle the pre-K CCSS curriculum and classroom aids to get the cost-saving Pre-K CCSS Complete Program –– the definitive early learning math program.
TouchMath’s Pre-K CCSS Unit includes a total of 150 student workmats, teacher guides, instructional strategies, and step-by-step lesson planning.
TouchMath’s pre-K classroom aids provide a multisensory, hands-on way to differentiate instruction. The colorful posters and manipulatives work in unison with the paper-pencil activities to ensure all learners find success in mathematics.
Tablet apps and an interactive whiteboard program are all key components to TouchMath’s pre-K materials, engaging and energizing students by showing that math is fun!
(all times MST)
- Prepares students for Kindergarten Common Core State Standards
- Available in print and digital versions
- 1 core unit
- 150 student workmats
- Implementation Guide
- 6 Module Guides with teaching strategies, step-by-step lesson plans, and answer keys
- Age-appropriate manipulatives, posters, and technology components
- Relate manipulatives to paper/pencil activities
- Develop number sense
- Master oral counting
- Identify numbers
- Understand numeral/quantity relationship
- Represent quantities and numbers
- Compare numbers and quantities
- Learn to sort and classify objects
- Begin graphing and patterning objects
- Manipulate numbers and quantities
- Identify and differentiate 2-D and 3-D shapes
- Sort and classify 2-D and 3-D shapes
- Develop beginning math vocabulary