Standards-Based Second Grade
Standards-based instruction for a critical learning crossroads.
TouchMath’s all-encompassing Standards-Based Second Grade materials are built on the Common Core State Standards, as well as additional standards from a variety of states, including TX, AZ, and FL*. It will have your students quickly excelling in second grade concepts with confidence and competence. The complete set offers all requisite materials to teach each standard with engaging multisensory materials, making it appropriate for both general education classrooms and RtI classrooms following CCSS protocol. While the highly scaffolded TouchMath multisensory approach is woven throughout, several other approaches are also provided.
The critical areas defined by the second grade standards include base-ten notation, fluency with addition and subtraction, standard units of measure, and shapes. The TouchMath Standards-Based Second Grade Program extends base-ten notation to 1,000, fluency with addition and subtraction within 1,200; measurement, comparison, and estimation of length; and introduction of concepts to build foundation for area, volume, and symmetry in geometry. Time and money are also included.
The ALL NEW TouchMath Teacher's Manuals make every teaching moment count. They embrace multisensory guided practice, discussion and demonstration points, and C-R-A (Concrete-Representational-Abstract) sequencing. You'll find scripts for instructional strategies, vocabulary words, student engagement techniques and much more.
* In math, the vast majority of states use the Common Core State Standards as the basis for individual state standards with very few changes. The differences are essentially in the levels to which content standards are expected to be taught within a given grade level. In this revised edition, the standards have been expanded to include higher levels of proficiency and cover more math content areas within the program. The approach allows for greater diversity of student needs in using the program.
As your guide through the standards, the teachers' manuals for classroom use provide a precise scope and sequence, progress monitoring, day-to-day lesson planning, suggestions for remediation/reinforcement, testing materials, and real-life connections.
Available in both print and digital formats, the four, comprehensive Standards-Based Second Gradeunits cover:
- Unit 1:Addition and Subtraction Within 50
- Unit 2:Addition and Subtraction Within 100
- Unit 3:Addition and Subtraction Within 1,200 and Multiplication Introduction
- Unit 4:Measurement, Data, Geometry, Time, and Money
- Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction
- Add and subtract within 20
- Work with equal groups of objects to gain foundations for multiplication
- Understand place value
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract
- Measure and estimate lengths in standard units
- Relate addition and subtraction to length
- Work with time and money
- Represent and evaluate data
- Reason with shapes and their attributes
Navigate this section to download free samples, view correlations, find the purchasing options that best suit your needs, and see how TouchMath Standards-Based Second Grade provides multisensory navigation through critical learning crossroads.
Explore TouchMath Second Grade
TouchMath offers a variety of purchasing options for the second grade materials. With our cost-saving collections, you’re guaranteed to get the right materials at the right price.
TouchMath’s four Standards-Based Second Grade units meet every math Common Core State Standard, and include a total of 600+ student activity sheets, teacher guides and instructional strategies, and step-by-step lesson planning.
TouchMath’s second grade classroom aids provide a multisensory, hands-on way to differentiate instruction. The colorful posters and manipulatives work in unison with the paper-pencil activities to ensure all learners find success in mathematics.
Tablet apps, computer software, and an interactive whiteboard program are all key components to TouchMath’s second grade materials, engaging and energizing students by showing that math is fun!