All students must master addition and subtraction before moving on to more advanced math concepts such as multiplication, division, fractions and word problems. TouchMath upper-grade materials give you the flexibility to re-teach or review the basic skills and then transition smoothly into more challenging topics. Our unique TouchPoints help students connect a numeric symbol with a real quantity and grasp the basics of our mathematical system. They learn how to get the correct answer without guessing.
Skip counting is the most important skill in the development of higher math abilities. Your students will find it easy to learn skip counting using TouchMath because:
Mastery of skip counting builds familiarity with the entire number system and opens the door to fractions, algebra, and more advanced math.
- It's based on counting – a simple skill they already know. For example, when counting by sixes, students touch and say aloud every sixth number.
- They only have to learn ten numbers in each sequence — for example, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20.
- They'll have fun learning with our dot-to-dots, grids, mazes and other exercises and games.
- It's not all paper and pencil — TouchMath's Skip Counting Poster and CD Set enhances auditory, visual and tactile/kinesthetic learning.
TouchMath is one of the few math programs at this level that focus on the strengths of tactile/kinesthetic learners as well as auditory and visual learners. TouchPoints provide an invisible, portable and accurate way for all children to adapt to paper-and-pencil exercises and meet higher expectations.
Our upper-grade materials contain hundreds of activities for third- and fourth-grade general classrooms, special education students in grades 4–12, and adult remediation. These are detailed in the teaching guides included in each kit or supplement.
TouchMath upper-grade materials don't talk down to your students. We use graphics, vocabulary, page format and packaging appropriate for older age groups.
Starting in the third grade, teachers and students must prepare for standardized testing and other assessment models. Each upper-grade TouchMath component contains periodic assessments to monitor the progress of your students.
Using TouchPoints, students are able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.|
Upper Grades Expanded Program – The Expanded Program includes every core program, classroom aid, manipulative, technology component, and money product associated with TouchMath upper grades. With the Expanded Program, you are guaranteed the most extensive and well-rounded teaching and learning experience.
Upper Grades Complete Collection: This is the most cost-effective way to get everything you need in one easy-to-order, discounted collection. The collection includes:
Upper Grades Kit Collection: This collection is another way to spend your money wisely. It contains:
- Ten kits with over 4,000 activities: Addition, Subtraction, Word Problems 1, Skip Counting, Multiplication and Division 1, Multiplication and Division 2, Word Problems 2, Time, Money and Fractions Kits
- Our most popular posters: TouchPoint Mini-Poster Set and Skip Counting Poster & CD Set
- Teaching Aids: Student Number Cards and Desktop TouchLines
- Teaching guides and answer keys
Individual Kits: If funding is limited, we recommend purchasing our upper-grade kits individually in this order:
Upper Grades Differentiated Instruction Set: The Upper Grades Differentiated Instruction Set is a collection that combines the teaching aids, manipulatives, and posters that complement and align with the Upper Grades program. Each teaching aid included can also be purchased separately to meet the specific needs of your students.
- Ten kits containing thousands of activities: Addition, Subtraction, Word Problems 1, Skip Counting, Multiplication & Division 1, Multiplication & Division 2, Word Problems 2, Time, Money and Fractions Kits
- Teaching guides and answer keys
Have questions? Our educational consultants are ready to assist you in making the best possible choices to fit your budget. Just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-888-9191.
All TouchMath materials are 100% guaranteed for one year.
The Teacher Training Program includes an updated Teacher Training Manual with expanded content and teaching tips, along with a brand-new comprehensive DVD that works in unison with the manual. The new DVD features:
The Training Program materials ensure that each participant has an interactive, multisensory learning experience. Participants will be learning the TouchMath approach in the same way they will later teach it to their students. The more involved you are, the more you will gain from the event. All materials are FREE and meant to be kept for later reference.
- A targeted, interactive menu so you can focus on what you need to know.
- Bonus computation steps for more advanced concepts.
- Student-teacher demos of the materials to help you maximize your implementation and instruction.
- Breakdown of the program's components and teacher guides, as well as information on the Common Core State Standards.
- Graphically-enhanced visuals that emphasize the importance and benefits of the program’s one-of-a-kind TouchPoints, visual cues, and step-by-strategy.
What participants receive:
Don't forget about your colleagues — have them join you and we'll send you a Thank You Gift! Remember to invite your colleagues to view the DVD with you. We'll send a training manual for each person and you will receive a free set of Student Number Cards when your group has 5 or more participants.
- A TouchMath Training DVD
- A full-color TouchMath Training Manual
- A link to download a free set of 20 TouchMath Activity Sheets
Fill out the form below to request your training materials.