A Quantitative and Qualitative Study of a High-Performing Elementary School in Mathematics - Does TouchMath Contribute to Overall Mathematics Achievement?
This paper discusses a study conducted with a randomly chosen, high-performing elementary school (as indicated by standardized mathematics scores) and its teachers' perceived beliefs about the TouchMath Program.
The teachers were asked to respond to these questions:
- How long have you used TouchMath?
- How often do you use TouchMath? What is the duration of each use of it?
- Do you use TouchMath for all or part of your students?
- Have students using TouchMath benefited in learning overall math skills and processes? Describe.
- What are the strengths of the TouchMath Program?
- Teachers in a high-performing elementary school think that TouchMath plays a significant role in mathematical understanding
- The program is used consistently throughout the grades and provides a scaffold for learners across the continuum of remedial, regular and enrichment education
- Teachers believe that TouchMath helps students to understand and compute mathematics more fully
- Teachers believe TouchMath is a powerful program regardless of student achievement level or age