Standards-Based First Grade
Multisensory math built on common core.
TouchMath’s comprehensive, all-new Standards-Based First Grade materials are built on the Common Core Standards, as well as additional standards from a variety of states, including TX, AZ, and FL*. First grade materials provide you with engaging activities and resources to teach each standard with child-centered, multisensory materials that ensure success. It is recommended for use as a total program for classrooms or for RtI programs adhering to the CCSS.
The critical areas defined by the first grade standards include addition and subtraction within 20, whole number relationships and place value, linear measurement, and reasoning with geometric shapes. These materials extend the learning to include operations within 100, with an introduction to regrouping. A third of the instruction in the program is devoted to place value. Measurement and geometry are linked to provide relevance for the learners. The TouchMath TouchPoint system is woven throughout the program while including many other math approaches. It maintains its scaffolded step-by-step approach, concrete to pictorial to abstract presentations, and multisensory activities.
The ALL NEW TouchMath Teacher's Manuals make every teaching moment count. They embrace multisensory guided practice, discussion and demonstration points, and C-R-A (Concrete-Representational-Abstract) sequencing. You'll find scripts for instructional strategies, vocabulary words, student engagement techniques and much more.
* In math, the vast majority of states use the Common Core State Standards as the basis for individual state standards with very few changes. The differences are essentially in the levels to which content standards are expected to be taught within a given grade level. In this revised edition, the standards have been expanded to include higher levels of proficiency and cover more math content areas within the program. The approach allows for greater diversity of student needs in using the program.
As your guide through the standards, the teachers' manuals for classroom use provide a precise scope and sequence, progress monitoring, day-to-day lesson planning, suggestions for remediation/reinforcement, testing materials, and real-world connections.
Available in both print and digital formats, the four, comprehensive Standards-Based First Grade units cover:
- Unit 1:Numeracy Level 1: Addition and Subtraction Within 9
- Unit 2:Numeracy Level 2: Addition and Subtraction Within 20
- Unit 3:Numeracy Level 3: Addition and Subtraction Within 100
- Unit 4:Measurement, Data, Geometry, Time, and Money
- Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction
- Understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction
- Add and subtract within 20
- Work with addition and subtraction equations
- Extend the counting sequence
- Understand place value
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract
- Measure lengths indirectly and by iterating length units
- Tell and write time
- Represent and interpret data
- Reason with shapes and their attributes
Navigate this section for an in-depth look at the materials and purchasing options offered through a wide range of TouchMath teaching and learning tools for you and your first graders.
Explore TouchMath First Grade
TouchMath offers a variety of purchasing options for the first grade materials. With our cost-saving collections, you’re guaranteed to get the right materials at the right price.
TouchMath’s four Standards-Based First Grade units meet every math Common Core State Standard, and include a total of 600+ student activity sheets, teacher guides and instructional strategies, and step-by-step lesson planning.
TouchMath’s first grade classroom aids provide a multisensory, hands-on way to differentiate instruction. The colorful posters and manipulatives work in unison with the paper-pencil activities to ensure all learners find success in mathematics.
Tablet apps, computer software, and an interactive whiteboard program are all key components to TouchMath’s first grade materials, engaging and energizing students by showing that math is fun!