TouchMath University (TMU) is expanding and taking applications from talented special education and K-8 educators interested in joining our team as part-time Professional Learning Specialists*. At TouchMath we believe students do not need to struggle with math and that educators can meet the math needs of students regardless of the child’s developmental or performance level. Our goal is to build long-lasting partnerships with our schools and districts, helping them provide data-driven mathematics instruction and personalized learning plans that are founded in research-proven best practices. We are looking for team members who want to support educators virtually and in person.
- Train and support teachers and administrators to effectively implement TouchMath with fidelity
- Train and support teachers and administrators on best practices for evidence-based instruction
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and the TouchMath team in order to build long-term relationships
- Manage workflow for training including travel, remote trainings, calendaring, etc.
- Attend internal team meetings and trainings
- Stay up to date and provide input on program and product improvements
Characteristics of a TouchMath Trainer
- Share our vision of math for all
- Has experience with TouchMath
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in special education and/or K-8 mathematics instruction, director or principal
- Experience providing professional learning to other educators
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Deals well with the unexpected and strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable providing remote PD via Zoom
- Availability to travel if necessary to train
- Has a sense of humor and can engage and motivate educators in large and small group settings
- Has a growth mindset about learning and familiar with concepts such as UDL, data- driven instruction, and CRA
- High energy and a self-starter, used to working from home and can build relationships with remote teams
- Possesses instructional creativity and has experience developing homemade materials and activities
- Demonstrates flexibility when dealing with the schedules of educators
*TouchMath Professional Learning Specialists are independent contractors and provide their own phone, laptop, etc. All pre-approved business expenses will be reimbursed as per the PLS contract and IRS statutes.
Application for TouchMath Professional Learning Specialist
Thank you for your interest in becoming a TouchMath Professional Learning Specialist. We appreciate your time and thoughtfulness as you respond to our interest in how you might be a great team member and help us make math less of a struggle for educators and students. Please answer the following narrative questions, attach your resume, and click Submit to complete the application process.
"*" indicates required fields